Highly Efficient Structural Optimization of Composite Rotor Blades Using Bézier Curves
Jae-Seong Bae*, Sung-Nam Jung*†
* Department of Aerospace Information Engineering, Konkuk University
Bézier 곡선을 이용한 고효율 복합재료 블레이드의 다중 최적 구조 설계
1. Giavotto, V., Borri, M., Mantegazza, P., and Ghiringhelli, “Anisotropic Beam Theory and Applications,” Computers and Structures, Vol. 16, No. 1-4, 1983, pp. 403-413.
2. Yu, W., Hodges, D.H., and Ho, J.C., “Variational Asymptotic Beam Sectional Analysis-An Updated Version,” International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 59, 2012, pp. 40-64.
3. Jung, S.N., Dhadwal, M.K., Kim, Y.W., Kim, J.H., and Riemenschneider, J., “Cross-Sectional Constants of Composite Blades Using Computed Tomography Technique and Finite Element Analysis,” Composite Structures, Vol. 129, 2015, pp. 132-142.
4. Dhadwal, M.K., and Jung, S.N., “Refined Sectional Analysis with Shear Center Prediction for Nonhomogeneous Anisotropic Beams with Nonuniform Warping,” Meccanica, Vol. 51, 2016, pp. 1839-1867.
5. Dhadwal, M.K., and Jung, S.N., “Multifield Variational Sectional Analysis for Accurate Stress Computation of Multilayered Com-posite Beams,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 57, No. 4, 2019, pp. 1702-1714.
6. Rohl, P.J., Kumar, D., Dorman, P., Cesnik, C.E.S., and Sutton, M., “A Composite Rotor Blade Structural Design Environment for Aeromechanical Assessments in Conceptual and Preliminary Design,” 68th Annual Forum of American Helicopter Society, Fort Worth, TX, United States, May 1-3, 2012.
7. Lim, J.H., Shin, S.J., and Kee, Y.J., “Optimization of Rotor Structural Design in Compound Rotorcraft with Lift Offset,” Journal of American Helicopter Society, Vol. 61, No. 1, 2016, pp. 1-14.
8. Pflumm, T., Garre, W., and Hajek, M., “A Preprocessor for Parametric Composite Rotor Blade Cross-Sections,” 44th European Ro-torcraft Forum, Delft, Netherlands, Sept. 18-21, 2018.
9. Rehfield, L.W., Atilgan, A.R., and Hodges, D.H., “Nonclassical behavior of Thin-Walled Composite Beams with Closed Cross Sec-tions,” Journal of American Helicopter Society, Vol. 35, No. 2, 1990, pp. 42-50.
10. Chandra, R., and Chopra, I., “Structural Response of Composite Beams and Blades with Elastic Couplings,” Composites Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 5-7, 1992, pp. 347-374.
11. Bir, G., “Computerized Method of Preliminary Structural Design of Composite Wind Turbine Blades,” Journal of Solar Energy Engi-neering, Vol. 123, No. 4, 2004, pp. 372-381.
12. Jung, S.N., Park, I.J., and Shin, E.S., “Theory of Thin-Walled Composite Beams with Single and Double-Cell Sections,” Composites Part B, Vol. 38, No. 2, 2007, pp. 182-192.
13. Wang, L., Liu, X., Guo, L., Renevier, N., and Stables, M., “A Mathematical Model for Calculating Cross-Sectional Properties of Modern Wind Turbine Composite Blades,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 64, 2014, pp. 52-60.
14. Saravia, C.M., Gatti, C.D., and Ramirez, J.M., “On the Determination of the Mechanical Properties of Wind Turbine Blades: Geo-metrical Aspects of Line Based Algorithms,” Renewable Energy, Vol. 105, 2017, pp. 55-65.
15. Piegl, L., and Tiller, W., The NURBS Book, Springer, New York, 1997.
17. Dhadwal, M.K., Jung, S.N., and Kim, C.J., “Advanced Particle Swarm Assisted Genetic Algorithm for Constrained Optimization Problem,” Computational Optimization and Applications, Vol. 58, No. 3, 2014, pp. 781-806.
18. Jung, S.N., Nagaraj, V.T., and Chopra, I., “Refined Structural Dynamics Model for Composite Rotor Blades,” AIAA Journal, Vol. 39, No. 2, 2001, pp. 339-348.
19. Schramm, R.E., and Kasen, M.B., “Cryogenic Mechanical Properties of Boron-, Graphite-, and Glass-reinforced Composites,” Mate-rial Science and Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1977, pp. 197-204.
20. Natarajan, N., Bharathidhasan, S., Thanigaivelan, R., and Suresh, P., “Sisal Fiber/Glass Fiber Hybrid Nano Composite: The Tensile and Compressive Properties,” 5th International and 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference, Gu-wahati, Assam, India, Dec. 2014, pp. 1-6.
Department of Aerospace Information Engineering, Konkuk University
Copyright ⓒ The Korean Society for Composite Materials. All rights reserved.
Gangnam Mirae Tower, Suite 601, 174 Saimdang-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 06627, South Korea
Tel: +82-2-598-1550 Fax: +82-2-598-1557 E-mail: email@example.com